Friday, May 04, 2012

Taste : Book Review

Taste

          
            Click for the Summary!

Title : Taste
Series :  -
Author : Kate Evangelista
Pages : 259 (my ecopy was 243)
Release Date : April 30th
Publisher : Crescent Moon Press
Format : eARC (ePub)
Source :  
**An eARC was provided from the author in exchange of an honest review**




My Opinion :


Taste by Kate Evangelista is a debut novel that rocked my socks off. I couldn't find them anymore XD

I received an eARC of Taste from the author; I was totally thrilled when she first contacted me for the Trailer and Excerpt Reveal of Taste, because I had set my eye on the book previously. Then, she contacted me again and offered me the offer to review Taste. And I squealed of delight and, of course, accepted the offer. Then, I started the book, and totally fell in love with the book and the characters.

Taste is about Phoenix, a girl who has been sent to an Academy by her cold father. Then, she gets out after the school's curfew, and she meets those weird people who say they are going to feast on her flesh. But then, she has no idea those people are Zhamvyrs; zombies. But, they aren't your typical Hollywood ugly and brain eating zombies. They are a race that has stopped eating human flesh, and is now dying from a substitute to human flesh that they created. And, she falls in love with Demitri, although Luka is a close second.

Taste is a great book; fast-paced and keeps you turning the pages; you can't wait to find out what happens to the awesome and attaching characters Evangelista has created.

In Taste, you get to know Phoenix a little. One thing you need to know about her; she doesn't follower orders, she actually does the exact opposite. Which, gives her a reckless yet determined side. I grew attached to her, since she was such and awesome character.

Then there'S the swoon-worthy face-sucking-worthy (*giggles*) Demitri. I think that something that didn't help me also fall in love with him is the fact that his name is almost like Dimitri from Vampire Academy's name. And, by the way, I love Dimitri AND Demitri.

Luka was a close second for Phoenix... as well as for me. He was just... um... awesome. Yep, that's the word I was looking for!

I really hate Vladimir, but that's probably because he'S a total jerk and the evil guy in the book.

Anyways, Taste is a debut you DON'T want to miss!



RATING


4 roses!

Book Trailer :  



Author Bio : 


Kate EvangelistaWhen Kate Evangelista was told she had a knack for writing stories, she did the next best thing: entered medical school. After realizing she wasn't going to be the next Doogie Howser, M.D., Kate wandered into the Literature department of her university and never looked back. Today, she is in possession of a piece of paper that says to the world she owns a Literature degree. To make matters worse, she took Master's courses in creative writing. In the end, she realized to be a writer, none of what she had mattered. What really mattered? Writing. Plain and simple, honest to God, sitting in front of her computer, writin

No comments:

Post a Comment