Saturday, December 03, 2011

Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets) : Book Review

Title: Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell
Series: Dark Secrets #1
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Paperback
Source: Owned


My (High!) Opinion: I find myself loving books about ghost stories, reincarnations and such. It always has me on the edge, afraid for the main character or the character in distress. 


Now, this book is divided into two books about murders and ghost. Let's start with the first one, which I preferred:


 Megan arrived in her grandma's town to find out her grandma is a cold woman who is reserved and doesn't seem to talk too much. I found it weird that her grandma incited her, and doesn't even seem to care about her. Then Matt comes in; Megan's step-cousin (non-related) and hot Matt. He seems as cold to Megan as the grandma, but he's just hiding something.


I really loved the first story, it was sweet, well written, detailed and sensational.


The second story is basically about Lauren who comes back to the town where her mother drowned years ago. She meets one of her friends from back then, and slowly falls in love with him, but doesn't let it appear, since he's with one of her best friends. It turns out maybe her mother's drowning wasn't an accident after all. But who did it? 


The second story was a good as the first, but I preferred the first one because of its plot.


The cover is really pretty. I bought this book at Daytona Beach only because of its cover, but of course, also because the summary held a good premise. 


4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment